Friday, December 23, 2011

End Of The Year 2011

Definitely been behind on the blogging, so let me catch you up to speed on what the Rohrbough's have been up to lately...

Thanksgiving
(x2)

Mike and Soobin Kim hosted this year and it was so much fun to get together with the second year residents again!

The lovely Kim family: Mike, Soobin, Madeline, and Joshua
The spread!
Hunter cutting into the turkey, sporting his Movember stash :)

Rae-Ann and Billy Grimes (Billy is a first year resident @ Madigan) also hosted Thanksgiving with several friends and had us over...but for some reason I didn't take pictures :(


Wear Blue: Run to Remember

In the past I have mentioned the Wear Blue: Run to Remember Group. This amazing group exists, "to create a living memorial to the service and sacrifice of the American Military." Every Saturday at 9 am, rain or shine, this group of individuals gather in Dupont WA to read off and remember the names of the fallen and run in their honor. I had the honor of volunteering at a race some of the members ran in Seattle a couple of weekends ago. It was an extremely moving experience and one that I was honored to be a part of. This group chooses a number of different races to train for and participate in each year in the area. At each race where members participate they also have volunteers who go and set up photos and hold flags on the sidelines so that every race participant can see and be reminded of the sacrifice our military men and women make. I had the honor of holding SGT Ray's flag.
The huddle up and handing out of the flags.
Before the race got started I walked down to look at the pictures of the fallen. It was very unbelievable to look at the faces of these individuals and realize that I was older than most of them. Living in a military community has opened my eyes to so different things. I cannot explain my admiration for the individuals who put their life on the line to protect our country. I have also met a number of military spouses who absolutely blow my mind with their strength, sacrifice, and patience.
If you would like to know more about this group you can visit their website, http://www.wearblueruntoremember.org, or check them out on Facebook.

Projects

I have been inspired to get crafty with little projects and I decided to start with the living room.

Pretty boring, huh?
But with tons of help from my crafty neighbor, Carole, viola! We made all new pillow cases and hung some pictures and an old crate on the wall. Still a work in progress, but we like the addition of COLOR!!

Here is a close up of one of the pillows. It was inspired (and completely copied) from my friend Sarah. I saw hers and stole the idea, changing the name and date of course :)
Speaking of projects, this is our Christmas gift from Carole. Isn't it amazing?! It is by far my favorite!



Small Group Tacky Christmas Sweater Party

No Christmas season is complete without a tacky sweater party, right?

Here are our tacky outfits, courtesy of the Seattle Salvation Army
My sweet friend Carole and I Eli rocking the sweater vest (Sarah's grandmother's sweater vest to be exact)
My handsome husband got voted best outfit! He would be proud to point out that those sexy red pleated velvet pants are women's size 14, by the way...
Some Christmas Carol Charades. Mary-Hayden scoring some points for the girl's team
The men
The ladies
Sterling decided that his Halloween costume was WAY cooler than our tacky sweaters.
Family Medicine Christmas Party


Dr. Edwards, the family medicine residency director at Madigan, hosted the program's Christmas party this year at his house. This is the view of Mt. Rainer from his back deck. Seriously...from his porch! Breath-taking!

CR decided to wear his tacky gear to this Christmas party too...but he was ONLY one dressed this way...
...and finally we'll leave you with a picture of our tree. We only put up our small one this year since we are traveling back to the East Coast to visit family.

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

Love CR, Tara, & Tyson

4 comments:

  1. You Rohrboughs make me smile!!! Love you guys! Have a most amazing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Tara and CR! It looks like you all are having tons of fun on the west coast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, I laughed out loud at him wearing that outfit again and nobody else did. HAHA!

    You are so funny ;) You sewed all those pillows yourself :) And that is a great picture of the embroidered pillow (the flash makes the wrinkles disappear! They are still making me crazy thinking about them!)

    I'm thankful to be your friend, have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your blog!!! Your living room looks AMAZING and I am loving those tacky christmas sweaters!!! I'm sad that I won't see you while you are here on the East Coast but please know that I love you guys and wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!!----Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete